Change currency in classified

I am trying to change the currency of classifieds for both the listings and the prices of credits etc.

I thought i could change the listings easy via custom press but cant find the options.

I assume the payments currecny is hard coded.

Please can someone help

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Where in the UK are you? I'm in Yorkshire. :slight_smile:

Anyway, when you set it to use the British currency it should then use GBP. See screenshot.

If you need to change that then it looks like it would be an edit to the code. I think the issue in the UK as daft as it might sound is that not everyone associates GBP as a currency because to many it's just £ or at least I've come across that a few times.

You could make a feature request to use the symbol rather than GBP for front end use?

Take care.

• Ashley Keable
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@TIm

thanks for taking the time to respond. Im based in Leicester however i work all over the country and go to Yorkshire from time to time.

To be honest i think this plugin needs about 30 feature requests as its really not upto scratch. Only reason im using it is because the only alternative plugin AWCP is not multisite compatible.

I have considered using appthemes classifieds theme on a sub blog but its not the best method.

Do you know when the $ symbol would lie in the code? Should be an easy swap for symbols?

I dont charge for classifieds so therefore it wont affect anything else.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Leicester isn't so far away. You ever go to any WordCamp type things?

Do you know when the $ symbol would lie in the code? Should be an easy swap for symbols?

So with GBP enabled in Payment gateways you still get a $ symbol?

If so could you let me know where you see that and I'll take a closer look. Searching for the dollar symbol would bring up a ton of variables. So if I can see it I can checkout the element.

Cheers.

• Ashley Keable
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Tim

I see your a creature of the night like myself :slight_smile:

I havent been to any yet as i thought they were mainly US baesd. Would love to attend events besides the standard business ones i currently attend.

Are there any coming up soon?

Here is a link to my classifieds page where i have created a test post to show it.
    My Classifieds

I have changed the currency to pound sterling in the admin but no change. There is also a slight error on the single classifieds page as it does not show any currency.

Whilst i know this isn't an error it is however inconsistent.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I see your a creature of the night like myself :slight_smile:

I use to be much more. 4 to 8am work throughs.

Things changed a little when our daughter was born before Christmas last year. So I try to be off by 12. Doesn't always work but most of the time… :slight_smile:

I havent been to any yet as i thought they were mainly US baesd. Would love to attend events besides the standard business ones i currently attend.

Are there any coming up soon?

I know they had the last one in Edingburgh:

http://2012.edinburgh.wordcamp.org/

And here:

http://wpuk.org/

Here is a link to my classifieds page where i have created a test post to show it.
    My Classifieds

If you edit that classified ad listing, is the price box also containing $? Like my Screenshot?

The currency of Paypal doesn't affect the listing price. The Paypal part only reflects on taking a payment for the members to make the listing.

They can enter their own currency symbol when posting, this way you allow sellers in different countries.

Is that perhaps what's happening here?

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.