Change directory resulted in picture uploads not working

I have UPFRONT installed at http://www.togethernt.com.au/blog/ but when I made the default home page to open at toghethernt.com.au (no blog) - the graphics uploaded by users no longer functions and I have to manually go via ftp to upload pics into the right directories to be displayed. How can I fix this please?
Btw, this ticket did not give me the option of selecting UPFRONT as installed theme for some reason...

• Milan

Hello Ruby ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

You are right, ticket won't allow you to select "Upfront" as a context, but its child themes for sure. Reason why we do this is that, we know no one will every use Upfront as stand alone theme as its not designed that way, you'll finally use one of its child theme. So we decided to give option of its child themes than Upfront as context of support thread.

Now for your issue, it seems to me that there could be issue with Graphics uploaded by user itself ? Upfront provides you mechanism to upload or select graphics from WordPress media gallery itself. So have you used that ? or you are using custom code elements ?

Would you please spread some light on this. Also it would be great if you can grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Ruby

Hi Milan,

I have granted you access. To answer some of your questions. I am not using anything custom.
    I am simply having problems using the built in media uploader to upload pics since moving the directory from /blog to root. If I go via ftp and upload graphics into the uploads folder then I can see the pics, but this is a website for one of my clients and they want to be able to uploads their own pictures to update the website and at the moment it is not possible, it gives the an error through the UPFRONT way of doing it.
    I know it has to do with where UPFRONT wants to upload the pics to - maybe the old location before the move, but I don't know where to change or correct that action that it uses the new location.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ruby,

I had a look at your site and this was actually issue with your WP setup and the same issue was happening when using standard WP uploader.

Cause of this was the setting in Settings > Media panel, in there you still had your uploads folder path set with the /blog/ in it.

I've changed this for you and you should be good to go now :slight_smile:

Can you please test it yourself and confirm if it works now?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.