Change DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE after the fact in MS 3.0.4

I setup my DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE in wp-config for MS 3.0.4 with a development IP address to facilitate development and review by the client. We will need to go live and I assume I just change from the IP to the domain and it should replicate out to the website? Is there anything/anyplace else I need to concern myself with?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

• Loggy

There is a lot more that needs to be changed in the tables particularly in a multisite context but I suspect also in a standard WordPress installation. A quick SQL enquiry will find the tables and of course the development site may well exist in a completely different tree on the server as well as have a different domain and/or IP. In addition it may need to be private with appropriate modification of the .htaccess file...

What is needed is a development plugin that alters the appropriate entries both in wp-config.php and in the database - even changing database or prefix if necessary. This will enable developers to work on a development site and switch over when satisfied, archiving the old version if specified.

I don't know whether such a plugin exists and of course it would have to work with all versions, multisite, buddypress and plugins. I hope that the WP specification is flexible enough - it has bothered me ever since starting to use WordPress that while it is possible to publish in draft and other things, there appears to be no proper development architecture. For blogging software that is probably not too serious but as it evolves into a full-blown CMS, it is a shortcoming as far as I can see.

Any ideas?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.