Change Fields

Hi,

In the directory theme, how do I change/delete or add to the field box where the "the average rating", "reviews" etc are located?
http://screencast.com/t/Nkq8tjzGx

Thanks
Ray

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

You would need to edit the themes code to remove coded elements and add others.

If this isn't something you're able to do then it might be worth hiring a developer or a company like Tweaky to assist:

https://tweaky.com

If you'r ok with code though, it's not a huge thing to do, if you tell me what you want removing I could provide some guidance.

If you want to include an embed from CustomPress then I could also advise the approximate area.

Just let me know what you're trying to do.

Thanks.

• Ray
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the reply,

I actually just want to have it where it has 4 lines as seen in the example below where I can add a companies website, facebook etc. Nothing complicated really.

name:
    facebook:
    twitter:

Is that simple enough to achieve???

Thanks
    Ray

• Ray
    • Flash Drive

OK gotta it, it's the CSS in the "Appearance", I thought it was in the "editor" of the theme in the newtork admin, my mistake!

Anyway, that worked. I'll have a look at the Custom Press part and experiment around with that!

Thanks for your help,

Ray

• Ray
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tim,

I noticed that there are two links now showing at the very end of the page, you can see in the screen shot. Is this related to the update and can it be turned off??? http://screencast.com/t/rB2bFtJm

I also notice that I don't see the sub category list any more which should be above the listings. The "Hide empty sub-category " is not checked either!

Any ideas why the sub categories are not showing and why those links are appearing now?

Thanks

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

That pagination is the standard Wordpress next previous type pagination. It's just listing the first title on the next page excetera. This is a function of the Theme.

I can't see the URL your using. Looking at your site direct I see entirely different theme so I'm not sure what your doing.

In Listings > Settings > General there are some settings for pagination

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

For one thing you've got entry-meta set to display: none.so your hiding all the category, tag etc information.

Second I'm not sure you're picking up the right template for an archive. This might be due to rewrite rules being messed up. You can try to correct that by going to CustomPress > Posty types and deleting the directory_listing post type. Then deactivate and reactivate the Directory plugin so it recreates it. You won't lose any data but it will force a rewrite rebuild.

• Ray
    • Flash Drive

The reason why the media entry was set to display :none is from the start of the question on the thread. I wanted to remove the box with average rating etc. Tim had a suggestion that I add some CSS code that he suggested.

Anyway I have removed the CSS code, I have also deleted the post types and deactivated and restarted the directory plugin.

I have a problem now where

1. the information in the listing is now flowing into the box on the right.
    2. still no categories showing
    3. And the pagination with listings is still showing

Do you think it might be best to delete everything and start again?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Well the entry-meta is where the categories are. In fact I see the categories just fine. The Listing categories such as Cape Town, False Bay, South Africa. If you are talking about the standard Categories such as you would have in blog posts, these are not associated with Listings. The custom category listing_categories is and that is showing.

The way it currently looks is how it was designed to look. Everything is there. So your looking for customizing the theme to look as you want which will require moving things around.

entry-meta contains several item on is a <span> with the class "cat-links" This contains the category info.

What you probably want to do is move it out of there, so it will display and move it to under the Title or somewhere for it to show. You would modify the directory/ui-front/general/taxonomy.php file to move it around and be aware thaat it's in a php if statement which goes with it.

I suspect there are other things you have in mind that aren't stated here but you're assuming. Such as turning off pagination. If you turn off pagination, how are you going to go to the next page of listings?

• Ray
    • Flash Drive

Hi Arnold,

I agree the categories are showing but the sub categories that I created in the listings in the back-end are not showing. They showed before but not now for some reason! They were not created in the main Wordpress category section either.

So basically, Cape Town is in South Africa and is the Main Category and the sub cats of this are City Bowl, Camps Bay, False Bay etc.

There is also another category under the sub category of say False Bay called,apartments, villas, guesthouses, hotels

Example:

South Africa
    - Cape Town
    -- False Bay
    --- Apartments

How would a person get from Cape Town to apartments in False Bay without any navigation?

Like I said above, before I updated to the latest version, it was showing which was great but now its not!?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.