Change Follow Text, and turn off confirmation requirement

two questions 1. Is there a way to change the text of the follow box? I would like it to say something other than follow this blog as my site is not a blog.
2. is there a way to turn off the confirmation requirement when someone signs up?

thanks

• aristath

Hello there @Gail, I hope you're well today!

1. Is there a way to change the text of the follow box? I would like it to say something other than follow this blog as my site is not a blog.

You can change the wording of any plugin you want using the simple steps I describe below:

• Step 1: go to your wp-config.php file. You'll see there a line like this:
      define('WPLANG', '');
      Change that line to this:
      define('WPLANG', 'en_US');
      (That's of course provided that you only want to change a few phrases and not completely translate WordPress to another language).
    • Step 2: Install the Codestyling Localization plugin.
    • Step 3: Go from your dashboard to Tools->Localization.
    • Step 4: Pick your plugin. Press on the "Scan Now" button and then add the en_US language.
    • Step 5: Edit the language. You can now search for any text string you want and change it to whatever you need.
    • Step 6: Once you're finished changing text strings, press the "generate .mo" button on the top.
    • Step 7: Install the CodeStyling Localization Preserver plugin. This will prevent your changes from being lost each time you update a plugin or theme.

2. is there a way to turn off the confirmation requirement when someone signs up?

From what I know the law requires you to send confirmation emails that's why they're built-in and can't be deactivated.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.