Change Jobs to Services

Hi, I want to use Jobs not only to post jobs offers but also to post Job SERVICES. So an expert can offer a service. Now I need some help how to manage. I miss a tickbox "this is a srevice" "this is a job". Do you have an idea how I can add a tickbox like that or similar?
Would be great. Thanks.

kind regards Reinhard

• Rupok

Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for asking. This is possible with little tweaking and you will need the CustomPress plugin installed and activated on your site for doing this.

After installing and activating CustomPress, please go to "Dashboard > CustomPress > Content Types > Custom Fields [Tab]" section and create a new custom field. Then set that custom field settings as shown in the following screenshot:

Then save that custom field. Then go to "Dashboard > CustomPress > Content Types > Custom Fields [Tab]" section again and click the "embed code" link below your newly created custom field. Then copy the embed code from there. We will need this later. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Now create a Job from your Dashboard and in the Job editor page, you will get option to select what type of Job this is. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

If you want to show the value of this field in the front-end, then I'm afraid, you will need to edit plugin core file. Go to "/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/job-single/" directory on your server and you will find "main.php" file there. Open that file and add the code you copied before and put that code after line 54 in main.php file. Save the file.

Now go to your jobs description page in front-end and it will show the job type. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I believe, this will help. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok