Change key text like the one for 'budget'

Hi

I'd like to be able to change some key text throughout the plugin, in particular;

'Budget' to 'Pay'
'Completion date' to 'Start date'

How can I do that?

Thank you!

James.

• Michelle Shull

Hi James!

The easiest way is to use our Ultimate Branding plugin, which has a text change module that would be perfect for this job. Ultimate Branding's text change module works like a translation file, so it doesn't touch the code within a plugin, it "translates" the plugin text dynamically. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Ultimate Branding isn't ideal for translating ambiguous or frequently used text, but in your case, your phrases are specific enough that only the text you want will be translated.

Hope this helps!

• Ash

Hello @jamesathomson

I hope you are well today.

In that case, you have to use language file to translate the plugin from English to English Sounds a little weird, but what you have to is to edit the po file, change the current text with your desired text and use that language file.

Here is an article that you can follow: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

Hope it helps Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• jamesathomson

Hi Ash

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok so to have the change only affect the jobs section of our site, ie. the jobs plugin, I need to translate the whole plugin's language file? Wow, seems a little extreme to me.

The thing is, I like what you are trying to achieve with the plugin but unless you are going to use it to recruit people for project jobs, like designers or developers, it doesn't seem very user friendly.

Here's an example....

I'm in the UK and typically, our jobs market is split into full time and part time. Naturally, the 'rate' you are paid varies greatly, part time jobs are usually quoted in hourly rates, full time, annually.

But it doesn't seem that Jobs & Experts can cater for even that basic difference. Unless you can suggest a work around or give me a couple of live examples to work out for myself?

Thanks very much!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello James,

I hope you're well today!

I can see that it's been quite some time since your last post. I apologize for leaving you with an unanswered question, this must have "slipped" somehow through our response queue.

As for limiting Ultimate Branding translations to some parts of the site. This is doable with "text domain" field. For example, the "text domain" for Jobs&Experts plugin is "jbp". Therefore putting "jbp" in "in this text domain" text field for "Network Wide Text Change" module of Ultimate Branding will limit translation only to pages belonging to the Jobs&Experts plugin.

Furthermore, you may also decide whether these changes should affect admin page or front-end or both.

That said, I realize that's been a long time already so you may have either find another solution or deal with the issue on your own. However, if you still do need any assistance with this, just let me know and I'll be glad to help.

In case you had other (un-related to this topic) questions, please start new threads on our support forum and either me or one of my colleagues here we will assist you.

Best regards,
    Adam