Change layout of image source URL's

Hi

Is it possible to change the layout of image source addresses? For example, the image is at the top and there is little area with the same copyright text for all of them.
I'm writing about image links like yoursite.com/wp-content/123asdada.jpg

Greetings
Andri

• Andri

Hello Adam!

I put my MS paint skills to work :grinning: :

So, I would like to make image source url (this is the address where images are being displayed to posts from) backround dar/black and then pull image up (so it's not centered) and add little table down there, as show on example. And do that witchout causing errors in posts might be hard, but it would be awesome.

(In case you're wondering, that is 5G internet device by Nokia for mobile carriers to start providing 5G internet over-the-air.)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andri!

First of all, your MS Paint skills seems to be way better than mine :slight_smile: Second, whatever device it is on that picture, I like it. I like "secret electronic devices" with a lot of switches and sockets. If it had a lot of unmarked blinking LEDs it would be perfect. I could keep it on my desk "just because". 5G would also be nice though, of course :wink:

As for the issue. As much as I'd love to say otherwise, I don't see any way to do this. An URL in address bar and our initial question confirm that this is a "page" where "raw" image is being displayed. The issue here is that just an image and image only. There's no HTML behind it and no HTML is served to the browser after browser makes request for such URL.

Therefore, we cannot affect this. The "page" is rendered on browser side.

Only thing we could affect that's "close" to this would be a default WordPress "attachement" page. That being said, the questions are:

- why would you like to style that page in question (the image page)?
    - is it by any chance that the image is in your post and this is what shows up when user clicks on that image?

Let me know please so I could think if we could do anything about it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Andri

Hello Adam!

No, I don't want to change attachement pages, since no users are being directed to those pages, cause all images in posts and pages must be added as 'media file', so FancyBox would work with them and provide better reading and viewing experience. Answering your question (why?) - because I want to make site more questom and I have seen similar things somewhere else, but unfortunately, not in WordPress, as I remember.

Best regards
    Andri

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andri!

It seems then that this would be extremely difficult to achieve. I asked "why" because I was hoping we could "redirect" users from that "raw image" URL to the WordPress media attachment page which could then be customized/styled.

I understand though that you've got a FancyBox installed on the site. If a user on front-end click on an image it opens that image in FancyBox viewer, right? If so, that "raw image" part wouldn't seem that important and the FancyBox template/view could be customized....

Best regards,
    Adam

• Andri

Hello, Adam!

Well, there's one other way that I'd be happy with :slight_smile:

So, if watermark would be added only to photos that are made by authors and no watermarks would be added to other pictures that are created by somebody else.

It can be done probably with most of those Watermark plugins. However, I don't want to go to the plugin settings and then choose those right photos every time...

It needs to be a way, that it would automatically recognize, what image is made by authors and what image is not. Maybe it can be set that way, that It would recognize what camera is being used and then add watermarks only to photos that are taken with that model.

Yours sincerely
    Andri

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andri!

There's a lot of "watermarking" plugins available around, indeed. I don't think though that any of them would be able to first check image EXIF data and then watermark image depending on that data. At least I wasn't able to find any.

I believe this would be possible but I think it would require a custom developed plugin. If you need help with custom developement, feel free please to ask a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.