Change login with wp button on appointment +

Hello
I have installed appointment + and will be installing UltimateBranding on this site.
Wanting those making appointments to login or register first but - don't want the button to say Login with WordPress (negates the UltimateBranding Plug's purpose)
Can you tell me where to change the button so I can add - login on our website or something other than the wp button.
Thanks!
Teresa

• Patrick

Hi there @Teresa

I hope you had a great weekend!

While the Text Change module in the Ultimate Branding plugin was not specifically designed to change things on the front-end of a site, it does have a happy quirk in that it can, for some things like plugin-generated buttons.

I just tested and it does work to change the wording on that particular button as can be seen here:
    http://patrickcohen.net/appointments-demo-1/

The other option is to create a custom language file in which you can modify any/all text strings in the plugin.

The easiest way to do that is to use a program like PoEdit to make your custom file. Then upload the automatically generated .mo and .po files to your wp-content/languages/plugins folder.
    http://poedit.net/

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Ash

Hi @Teresa

I hope you are well today.

To change text for login with wordpress button, please use the following code:

add_filter( 'app-scripts-api_l10n', 'my_new_text' );
    function my_new_text($args) {
    	$args['wordpress'] = 'Login now';
    	return $args;
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Note that, it will change the text for only wordpress button. But you can change text for other login buttons too. You may notice that, I used here $args['wordpress']. So 'wordpress' for wordpress button. Your available options are:
    facebook, twitter, google, submit, cancel, please_wait, logged_in, error, register.

To change the button image and style you need to use some css:

.a.appointments-login_link-wordpress{
    //your custom style goes here.
    background: none !important;
    border: none !important;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.