"Change Membership" link in Membership 2 Pro No Longer Working

Up until recently, when someone clicked "change" on their account page, they were given the option to cancel their current account or upgrade (if available).

Now the link will only take paid members to a page where they can pay again for the same membership they have already paid for.

This happened using an older version of the plugin, but I have updated and saw no change.

Also, I'm anticipating I may need to give you all access using the WPMUDEV dashboard...however that has disappeared from the wordpress admin sidebar (and I also tried updating that, with no luck).

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jesper,

Form what I see in our system you are using 1.0.2.7 Membership 2 Pro where newest version is 1.0.3.3 - can you update it to latest release?

Also, I'm anticipating I may need to give you all access using the WPMUDEV dashboard...however that has disappeared from the wordpress admin sidebar (and I also tried updating that, with no luck).

Our system also shows that WPMU DEV is not upgraded to latest version on your site. My suspicion is that you are not longer using account that installed and activated WPMU DEV on your site.
    Check if you can disable and then enable plugin - you should gain access instantly.

You can also try uploading new version through the FTP
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/699633776_wpmudev-updates-4.1.1.zip
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/2144061358_membership2-pro-1.0.33.zip
    (unzip files on your computer and then upload them to wp-content/plugins with FTP connection - override old files on server with ones you are uploading).

If problem will not disappear after updating please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jesper Luth
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Tried the deactivate/activate trick for both plugins

WPMUDEV dashboard works now, thanks.

Membership 2 Pro still has the same issue.

The flowchart indicates that we need to update other plugins, themes, and wordpress itself. My concern here is that EVERYTHING WAS WORKING TOTALLY FINE and then suddenly broke, with no new plugins or updates installed.

Updating everything is going to require a lot of testing, potential bug fixes, etc and may not resolve the issue at all (since it wasn't present until recently).

So I'd just like to ask, before digging into this - has this issue come up before? Can you see what is happening on the site?

I've granted support access in case that is helpful.

Thanks so much.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jesper,

So I'd just like to ask, before digging into this - has this issue come up before? Can you see what is happening on the site?

No, this is first time I see this reported.

Other thing that comes to mind is that memberships page had shortcode [ms-membership-signup] removed. This shortcode is necessary for plugin to work correctly. Check if your page still has it.

Support is not granted to any of your sites so I cannot check it myself.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• jenn
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I'm experiencing a similar issue.

The Memberships page will display with Cancel/Change options for the different Membership levels, but if you click on Change button of a specific membership, it just reloads the page and doesn't take me to the payment step.

Verified page has the shortcode: [ms-membership-signup]

http://www.StudioSash.com
    Site was built in August and launched 8/31. Included install of WPMU Dashboard 4.1.2 and plugins (Membership 2 Pro 1.0.3.3). Have some paid some free memberships. Using CleanLab theme with PageBuilder using shortcodes for register, signup and account.

If I click Cancel on my active membership, the page reloads with the button saying Renew. However if I then try to Renew or Signup with another membership, the page just reloads again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.