Change Membership text that says payment gateway

I have a free membership and it's confusing for people when they sign up for it and find a page with a text saying "Your request to join the membership was successfully received!
The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status."
Is there a way I can change that so the new member doesn't get confused ?

• Ash

Hello Dr. Berge

Please edit the thank you page from dashboard and replace the following:

[ms-note type="info"]Your request to join the membership was successfully received!<br/>The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.[/ms-note]

with

[ms-note type="info"][ms-success-msg]Your request to join the membership was successfully received!<br/>The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.[/ms-success-msg][/ms-note]

And then use the following code:

function ms_success_msg( $atts, $content = "" ) {
    	$content = isset( $_REQUEST['ms_relationship_id'] ) && $_REQUEST['ms_relationship_id'] == 3860 ? 'OWN CUSTOM MESSAGE' : $content;
    	return $content;
    }
    add_shortcode( 'ms-success-msg', 'ms_success_msg' );

In this above code, replace 3860 with the free membership ID and OWN CUSTOM MESSAGE with your own custom message.

You can use this code in your child theme's functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

To find your membership ID, please follow the screenshot below:

*Screenshot removed per member request*

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Dr48

Hi Ash,

Thanks again for your help!

I went into the 'thank you' page and simply tweaked the 'payment gateway' message to something more fitting -- this was rather than doing all of the above, it spits out a more 'nicer' message -- just wanted to double-check that this is 'okay' and that rather than doing all of the above, this is still a simple, but perhaps easier trick (since I'm not aware of how to tweak mu-plugins) :slight_smile:

Thank you again for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.