change of language

hi
i'm a new user and i have several website and weblog with WPMU. every thing working good and have no problem so far. now friend of mine form another country asked me to design a new website with a different language. so, i just need to change a website language without effecting anything else in my network such as super-admin dashboard or other weblog admin language.
1- can i change wordpress theme's language without changing wordpress admin bar language?
or
2- can i change wordpress dashboard language just for a single blog or site . not for the entire site network. for example if i have test1.example.com?

3- does "Languages for WordPress" plugin change admin dashboard language and theme at the same time?

thank you in advance for your help

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @maysam__,

Greetings and thanks for your post. Welcome to the forums.

can i change wordpress theme's language without changing wordpress admin bar language?

Yes, that is quite possible. You just have to edit the themes lanugage files to achieve that and you should be good to go.

More info on Translating WordPress is here

can i change wordpress dashboard language just for a single blog or site . not for the entire site network. for example if i have test1.example.com?

does "Languages for WordPress" plugin change admin dashboard language and theme at the same time?

Lemme do a couple of tests on both of these and get more information for you.

Please advise

Cheers
    PC
    WPMU DEV Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Last few days were really slow and tuff for me and I was away for most of the times. Apologies on having kept you waiting on this one.

I am back and available to work on this one with you.

Could you please advise where we are on this issue so that we can take it further ?

Cheers
    PC

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi there :slight_smile:

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we heard from you in a while, i am assuming that you may have solved the problem and so i am closing this one for the moment, if your problem still remains feel free to post back here and it will reopen the thread.

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers!

Tom
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.