Change order of form fields & html email message

Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to configure the order of the default and custom form fields as displayed at de front end.

Another thing: In order to create html email messages I added some php code to functions.php as described in your FAQ, but this doesn't seem to work.

---
How can I use HTML in emails?
Appointments+ uses wp_mail function and HTML is disabled as default. To enable HTML in emails, add these codes inside functions.php:
function app_modify_headers( $headers ) {
return str_replace( 'text/plain', 'text/html', $headers );
}
add_filter( 'app_message_headers', 'app_modify_headers' );

• Coen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ari,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try the plugin. You might want to adjust the FAQ section because it only refers to the php solution.

The URL is http://www.schoolofmusic.nl/afspraak-plannen/
    The order I would like is:

Service name: Drumles
    Service provider: Coen de Goeij
    Date and time: 9 december 2014 17:30
    Lasts (approx): 30 minutes

Naam: (name)
    Leeftijd cursist: (custom field)
    Aantal jaren ervaring: (custom field)
    Naam aanvrager (bij minderjarige cursist): (custom field)
    E-mail:
    Telefoon:
    Bericht (optioneel): (Note)

If possible I would also like to change some text to Dutch.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Coen,

Could you please send some user credentials so that I may take a look?
    - Send an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown
    - On the subject enter "Attn: aristath".
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue
    - Include a link to your website
    - Include your superadmin credentials (username + password)
    - Include your FTP user/pass so that I may debug your issue more efficiently.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Coen, I hope you're well today!

Than you for sending your credentials I logged-in on your site and tried to resolve this for you.
    The problem I found was the responsiveness of your current theme and the way forms are integrated in it.
    I was able to reorder the elements on that form by absolutely positioning some of them and offsetting them from the top of the parent div, and that worked great for medium-sized screens.
    However I then tried resizing my browser window to emulate the size of a tablet and then a phone... the result was catastrophic! Fields were overlapping and the form was completely unrecognizeable.
    I'm afraid this is going to require a lot more custom coding than I initially thought... and unfortunately it's way beyond the scope of support we can provide in these forums
    My advice would be to post a new job in our Jobs board on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so that a skilled developer can do that for you.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Coen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ari,

Thanks anyway for the effort. I think I can work around this for now. I can however imagine more people to have this need. It would be great if there was somehow an option to combine Appointments with some other plugin like Gravity forms.

The option to have something custom developed is good to keep in mind. Wouldn't customization in the plugin become 'overruled' by plugin updates?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.