Change Permalink Structure

Hi,
I have changed the permalink structure to "http://chillichocolatenowra.info/sample-post/". It has not changed the permalink info on pages in upfront that have already been created. So in page settings it will show; http://chillichocolatenowra.info/index.php/samplepost and the slug will be sample post.
When this structure exists then you are unable to edit the Page Title from within Upfront.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey John,

How are you doing today?

Upfront does require pretty permalinks (Post name) in order for everything to work properly as you already have that set in Settings -> Permalinks.

I've checked your site and all pages are having correct permalinks, I even tried to restore Sample Page and not only that it had correct permalink:

But I also managed to run Upfront editor on it. With regards to posts I also checked that and the only post you had (it was also trashed) "Hello World" also had correct permalink structure.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, could you please clarify further?

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey John,

Thanks for the screenshot, apologies for missing that :slight_frown:

I've checked your site and I can see this, not on "Gallery" page tho but on "About" page for example.

I have to be honest I'm not really sure why there's old permalink there but there is something wrong with how requests are handled on those (with index.php in permalink) pages which is why changing page title is not working.

One more thing I've noticed is that the page URL is not correct when you load Upfront on that page with already loaded Upfront editor by going to "Post / Pages" and then clicking Edit for "About" page, please see screenshot:

The workaround for this would be to click View instead of Edit or load your "About" page normally in browser and then click Upfront in the admin bar:

Once you do that you'll see different URL and changing page title will work when Upfront is loaded like that.

I've also passed this information to our developers so they can potentially investigate further why Upfront is treating changed URLs in this way.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.