Change "Show this to Site Admins: Yes No" to allow editors instead

Is there a method to change this toggle to allow editors to change the main Infinite SEO settings rather than just Site Admins. I have editors on my staff that I would like to give this power to without making them site admins.

Thanks.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey there,

Welcome to the Community!

There is no out of the box solution, but let me ping our developer in here to see how you can get this done by editing some of the core files.

(He is not completely available this week, so please give him sometime to catch-up).

I hope we can sort out something specifically for you :slight_smile:

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey @battlearena

The file you should be looking for is what @maxaud suggested. But if you want your site editors to edit the site-by-site settings, you should look at line 14 :

var $capability = 'manage_options';

and change that to:

var $capability = 'moderate_comments';

Thanks to Ve, for the help :slight_smile:

• battlearena
    • Flash Drive

Just to make sure everyone else fully understands, I will be enabling site by site in multisite so individual site editors can adjust settings per site.

In this instance what is the correct move. I would assume the first suggestion would be correct in my instance. Am I wrong?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey @maxaud

I am not a dev myself, this is the logic that I used and got help from Ve as well.

On a site by site mode, only the site admin gets to edit the infinite SEO settings. Now the capability manage_options is available only for site admins and not for site editors while the capability manage_network_options are for super admins only. Changing that would give editors access to where super admins are meant to go, the network settings.

I just tried it out and it worked well.

@battlearena

Option 1 worked however on the General Tab the editor has the ability to change permissions to Super Admin and Site admin

The general tab can be disabled from the network admin. To do so delete off

define( 'WDS_SITEWIDE', false );

from your wp-config.php and then you should be able to access the network settings here: wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=wds_wizard

There you will see a setting that looks like as in the screenshot attached. That should do it. Good luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.