Change Sidebar Class Q&A

Need to ‘re-integrate’ into theme…see site/questions/…if I change the sidebar class in Firebug to:

<div class=”four columns sidebar offset-by-one content”>

…the integration issue is resolved…but that class change is in the theme’s skeleton (responsive framework) so how do I modify plugin code to accomplish…?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Zeke.

Inside the Q and A plugin folder, there is a folder named /default-templates/. The templates for the pages are in there, I have attached it here with.

When you open each of them, you will see similar css structures. You can modify them in there and upload them to the root folder of your theme and the pages would look great.

Good luck!

• Zeke
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Arun…at the end of the code for q&a is…

<?php get_sidebar( ‘question’ ); ?>

And no sidebar css at the top either in the main content div…

…what appears to be happening is the php call for the themes side bar is not working properly…as mentioned, if I paste the other sidebar div class in Firebug, the page displays properly for the most part…you can see the problem here…

http://bigstorygroup.com/questions/

The sidebar div extends the width of the main copy overlapping the q&a content…if I replace the default…

<div id=”sidebar” role=”complementary”>

with…

<div class=”four columns sidebar offset-by-one content”> as noted, it looks almost correct…

• Zeke

That’s getting it very close…borrowed rules from other class and using in custom (sorry, ‘additional’:wink: rules…are the additional rules saved during upgrades like custom rules are for other some themes…?

Thank you

• Zeke

Thanks Hakan, the rules in ‘additional’ work as expected for three question template tab layouts, but if you click on a question title the single question layout is full width with the sidebar below the editor…

• Zeke

Thanks Hakan, but that forces the q&a wrapper to a static dimension within the fluid framework of the site theme so it won’t work for smaller/mobile devices…also, I thought this release was slated to have controls for which features could be displayed in Tiny MCE editor…it looks like you can only choose all or none…?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Zeke,

We cannot know what css rules work for your theme. Just add whatever you want in additional css rules field, or modify templates, or add in inside your theme css file or add it in theme-mods/css folder.

This plugin has almost infinite ways of modifying the look of the pages, but the rest is up to you. You may consider hiring a designer or developer, if you cannot modify css files.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Please see this topic for customizing wp editor:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/limit-editor-features-in-qa

I am closing this topic as resolved.

If you need further assistance please open a new one, please do not re-open this.

Cheers,

Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.