change sign-up form on e-Newsletter

Is it possible to customize the sign up form for enewsletter? I see that you can put a title in and set which groups a user should be added to, but that appears to be about it. Can the form be customized to say something like sign-up instead of subscribe? Or, can the form be set by another form like gravity forms or ninjaforms?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Bryant,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can see you're using our Parrot theme on your site. Let me just say that I'm impressed with your design work, you certainly made it great!

As for your question! I've never tried to use Gravity Forms or Ninja Forms for e-Newsletter sign-up form and I'm not sure whether this is doable. What would you want to do in order to give it a shot would be to replicate HTML form structure, keeping the same ID's and class names, input types etc, so JS scripts could pick it up. The bottom line is: it can be too tricky to be worth an effort, I think.

You should however be able to customize native e-Newsletter's form anyway you wish. I suppose you're using a widget there so a) you can use CSS to tweak its appearance and b) you can use our Ultimate Branding plugin to replace "Subscribe" button test.

You will find Ulimate Branding plugin here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

To change "Subscribe" button text, please first enable the "Network Wide Text Change" module (this will work on single WP sites as well) on dasahboard's "Branding" page and then:

- go to "Text Change" page of dashboard's "Branding" menu
    - Put "Subscribe" string into the "Find this text" field
    - put "email-newsletter" string into the "in this text domain" field
    - put your replacement string (e.g. signup) into the "and replace with" filed
    - (optional) select whether you'd like to replace it on front-end only or on on front- and back-end
    - "Save Changes"

I tested this on my own setup and it works as a charm :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.