Change style of navigation buttons in Gallery?

Where do I go to change the display of the navigation? I do NOT want navigation in the header and I don't want the navigation to appear like buttons -- just plain text . thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @FeleciaRose

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Where do I go to change the display of the navigation?

Font size and color etc can be changed from Gallery >> Customization >> Navigation Tab

I do NOT want navigation in the header

Just Go to Appearance >> Menus

Create a new Menu, do not add any link to it and from the left hand sidebar select that menu name under main navigation.

I don't want the navigation to appear like buttons -- just plain text . thanks!

The below CSS should take care of it

.nav a:link {-webkit-box-shadow : none !important; background: transparent !important}

Use a plugin like : http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/imporved-simpler-css/ or create a child theme to add the CSS

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

Felecia,

You have 191 points. You clearly aren't a single-site user. My guess, 200 points later, is that you are tech savvy enough to be building sites for friend's businesses and making a tidy side profit.

I put a post in General with 3 excellent tutorials. Consider going through them. You clearly enjoy this stuff and you'll enjoy it a whole lot more with a little training.

• FeleciaRose
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

nice! thanks for the encouragement -- where do I find the post in General?

I'm working on a project for a group I do volunteer work for and due to my experience with you folks -- I'm convincing them to use WPMU and I'm playing around with this theme to prove my point -- maybe I should become an affiliate -- I really am a WPMU fan

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

It's a sticky
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/tutsplus-course-php-jquery-fundamentals

Basically gives you three killer tutorials for HTML/CSS, jQuery, and PHP. Don't be discouraged if you have to start over again (or at least backtrack) several times as you practice & learn. That is totally normal.

Get through all three and you'll be an ace. The basic WP stuff will look EASY.

To your other point, WPMU is a really solid plugin suite. Get in the habit of providing support for the plugins you know inside and out. As you continue to develop your skills, having WPMU plugins in your arsenal will be a huge advantage over other freelancers.

I've got a good dozen pieces of advice on the tip of my tongue but start by [a] being encouraged and [b] learning some of the core skills that you're missing.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.