Change Super Admin User

Hi there,

How can one change the Super User Admin to a different user?

I have created a new one but cannot seem to get rid of the old one. Also wpmudev is installed by the old user so all this would need to be transferred over to the new one.

Newbie question ...I know

Thanks

• Nithin

Hi Mike,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

How can one change the Super User Admin to a different user?

You meant change to a different user name? You cannot change the usernames created, however you can change what name should be displayed publicly, by select the names in Display name publicly as option. You'll find the option once you edit the user.

If you are looking to delete the superadmin, you'll have to remove the super admin privileges by unchecking the Grant this user super admin privileges for the Network option, as seen in the screenshot above.

Also wpmudev is installed by the old user so all this would need to be transferred over to the new one.

Before deleting, or removing the super admin privileges of your old user, you'll have to add the new superadmin under WPMU DEV > Manage > Permissions

Once done, you can login to your network with the new super admin account, and remove the old superadmin account, from WPMU DEV > Manage > Permissions

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately the user does not have the option to disable "Grant Super Admin..." which I think is due to being the original super user account?

That's odd, every user profile should have this option. If you are still looking to troubleshoot, please do enable support access, and let us know the which user is that. At the moment, the support access is not working:

Please revoke, and re-enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately the user does not have the option to disable "Grant Super Admin..." which I think is due to being the original super user account?

This is because you are logged in with the super admin login. You cannot remove the privileges of the account on which you are logged in. You'll have to log in using the other super admin account, in order to remove the privileges of the other user account.

Please do note, you cannot remove the privileges of the account, if you are using that accounts email as the network admin email. You'll have to change the email, under Settings > Network Settings > Network Admin Email

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.