Change text on search form from zip code to postcode

Hi

I'm working on building a directory for a client, and need to change the text on the form (form label basically) from saying 'search users by zip code' to something like 'search by postcode' or 'search users by postcode'

The site is here- https://goo.gl/sWuav2 and you can see the form i'm referring to on the home page, but its also on other pages (like listing pages) so ideally i want to change the term across the site.

I've tried to search the term in the database as well but can't find it in there for some reason.

I've granted support access on the site too.

Thanks
Farzan

• Luís

Hi Farzan Ahmed ,

Hope you're doing well today!

We can try some options to change that text:

1) I never used that theme, but I suppose that text was included in the language file? Have you checked it? It should be found inside the theme folder, maybe in a "languages" subfolder. If yes, you can use a .pot editor, like Poedit to change that text.

2) Other option is use our Ultimate Branding plugin and it's "Network Wide Text Change" module, to replace that text.

2.1) Using your WPMUDEV Dashboard, install and active Ultimate Branding;

2.2) Go to Ultimate Branding and enable the "Network Wide Text Change" module;

2.3) In the "Text Change" section, replace it with the desired text.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi Farzan Ahmed ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I understood well your question, you want to change the search method from zip code to postcode. Looking for your theme and as it is working with google maps it may require some custom code that is beyond the scope of the Support Forum.

As you are using a premium theme, have you tried to get support from the developer? He knows better the code involved and is better prepared to help you.

Also, I can suggest you to use our Jobs Board to try find a skilled developer that can help you to achieve your goal:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.