Change the Date a Level Expires in Membership

Hello --

How do I change the date that a level expires in Membership?

I need to do this for members that I add manually, from our existing membership roster.

Thanks!

• Seth
    • Flash Drive

Hey dirkcline,

Thanks for the question.

First, you'll need to go to the "subscription plans" open on the main menu.

Once there, go to the level which you've added the new users to (the one you want to set to expire). Then, go to the bottom where you see the options in teh screenshot I've included here. You'll need to set the "mode" to "finite," then you can select the amount of days until expiration.

I'll keep a watch on this thread for the next few hours to make you're successful

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV Member.

• dirkcline
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for your suggestion. I've done this.

I need to change the START date of the subscription. I will be adding members from an existing roster. These members subscribed months ago.

My memberships are for 12 months, so I don't want to give away the months between when they originally subscribed and the day I create their "new" membership in my new WP site (using the Membership plugin).

• Seth
    • Flash Drive

Ah, that's tricky. I imagine they didn't all start at the same date either? If so can't imagine how that could be done in one clean sweep.

In essence though, changing the start date isn't much different than the end date. If they're in 9 months, you set the end date for three months from now. Maybe I'm not clear on what you're trying to do but it seems like that would work.

• dirkcline
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Of course. Silly me. I'm so busy trying to solve one end of my problem, I didn't look at the other. OBVIOUSLY, shortening the end date does the same thing I was trying to accomplish.

Thank you for your good thinking.

My thanks and very best regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.