change the default Video ratio

I created a child theme and I would like the default setting to change for the video ratio. Currently the dimension is [video width="1280" height="720" . Can I use a plugin within the wpmudev to change the ratio I choose or is there code that I add to a file so the default ratio will be set to a different video dimension such as [video width="180" height="120"

or

would anyone know if I could possible change this in style.css file and how would this be done?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Orlando,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I see that you didn't select any theme or plugin from the list while post your questions and you did not assign this ticket to any of your site. You also didn't share any information on that in your post.

I admit I'm not sure what are you referring to then. Could you please tell me if this is related to any of our themes or plugins (and which one(s) if so) or a 3rd party theme/plugin (what would it be??

If you could point me to a site in question it could also be hepful :slight_smile:

Please advise!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Orlando,

Video embedded via default WP player will be given default values based on the video size, in your case 1280 and 720, so simply change that value in shortcode and that should be it, it would look like this:
    [video width="400" height="150" mp4="VIDEO_URL"][/video]

Is that what you're looking for or did I misunderstood you?

Also, I see that this thread is marked as resolved, does that mean that you managed to find a solution in the meantime?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.