Change the duration of appointment on the admin view appointments page?

Is there a way that I can change the duration of an appointment in the editing view for appointments manually once the appointment has been submitted and is still pending. My clients sometimes want to schedule appointments that run longer or shorter than usual appointment times. Additionally, is there a way the client could change the duration on the front end themselves in the confirm the appointment area after selecting a start time?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Paige,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

Is there a way that I can change the duration of an appointment in the editing view for appointments manually once the appointment has been submitted and is still pending.

You can change the start time of the appointment from Appointment settings on the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Pending Appointments

Also please see the answer provided in the following reply regarding editing appointment end time.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/edit-appointment-end-time-in-appointements#post-618038

Additionally, is there a way the client could change the duration on the front end themselves in the confirm the appointment area after selecting a start time?

No it's not possible out of the box without custom coding instead you can create appointments of small time slots like 15 minutes and allow clients to book multiple appointments.

You can do so by integrating the appointment plugin with marketpress plugin by installing the marketpress plugin and activating the appointment add-on 'Appointments in product cart' on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons

Then just go to Appointments+ > Settings > General and then down to the Payment Settings. Set "Payment Required" to yes, and new options will appear. Configure everything to your liking, and make sure to have "Integrate with MarketPress" checked. Save.

Now all of your Appointments will be processed through the MarketPress plugin.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.