Change the fundraiser page template and payment options

Hi,

I have two questions for the fundraising plug-in please.

1. How can I change the template used to style the funderaising project page?

It is currently set to "single-post-layout" I would like to use the "standard-page-layout" please. How can I change that?

2. I want the users to only be able to make monthly payments and hove not option to change. How is that possible?

Please do not use answers in using the paypal developer API setting up an app with them is just way t much hassle. :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance

• Michelle Shull

Hello there, Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH !

For your first question, yes! We've included some instructions in a text file in your fundraising plugin folder, here's that text:

You can create new files inside your active theme's root folder to be used when displaying a fundraiser.

There are 3 types of templates you can create.

Template Hierarchy

Single Fundraiser
    wdf_funder-{ID}.php
    wdf_funder-{slug}.php
    wdf_funder.php

Fundraiser Checkout
    wdf_checkout-{ID}.php
    wdf_checkout-{slug}.php
    wdf_checkout.php

Fundraiser Confirmation Page
    wdf_confirm-{ID}.php
    wdf_confirm-{slug}.php
    wdf_confirm.php

== Custom Template Functions ==
    You can change the location of the template-functions that are loaded in fundraising to an external location.
    This will insure that any custom changes you make to your template functions are not broken when updating the plugin in the future.

Add a new define statement in your wp-config.php file containing a string pointing to the location.
    define('WDF_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_FUNCTIONS','/full-server-path/and/filename.php');

== Custom Styles ==
    Add any CSS file to your fundraising /styles/ folder for it to be available in your settings.

You can also create a folder named "wdf-styles" in your wp-content folder
    OR
    you can set an external location using the following code in your wp-config.php file.

define('WDF_EXTERNAL_STYLE_DIRECTORY','/full/server/path/to/styles/')

By default the name of the style is the name of the file. You can manually adjust this using the "wdf_custom_style_name" filter

Exmaple:

add_filter('wdf_custom_style_name', 'my_custom_filter_style_name', 10, 2);

function my_custom_filter_style_name($name, $file_name) {
    	if($file_name == 'my-file.css') {
    		$name = "My Custom Style";
    	}
    	return $name;
    }

In this case, you'll want to copy the elements from the theme template you want Fundraiser to use to wdf_funder.php

As to your second question, there's no way to set up recurring payments with PayPal standard or manual payments, sadly, it requires one of those pain-in-the-neck PayPal apps to make it work.

Thanks for your question!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.