Change the host info

Hello,

How can I change the host info on the "Plugin: Fullwidth" appereance on the right side? Currently it says "Host: Admin" I would like to customize this to include the email address and phone number of the host.

Thanks!

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Mehmet. I could be wrong, but I didn't see any way to add the information you're looking for in the built-in settings. Assuming that's correct, from what I see looking in events-and-bookings/default-templates/full-width/single-incsub_event.php on line 65 it pulls the host info from the template tag below:

<h3>Your host : <?php the_author_meta('display_name'); ?></h3>

If you want to display the email, you could add another line:

<h3>Email address : <?php the_author_meta('user_email'); ?></h3>

You can find a list of other tag options here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_author_meta

If you want to add the phone number and the host will always be the same individual or the hosts share a phone number, you could just hardcode the phone number in there like:

<h3>Phone number : (123) 456-7890</h3>

If you need the phone number populated dynamically, you can optionally add it to the wp_usermeta table in your WordPress database, where 'wp' is your table prefix.

I'm not sure how familiar you with code, but where I mentioned 'line 65' above, the line numbers refer to the line of the document the code falls on when using an HTML editor. If you don't have one, just use the Find command to find the appropriate code snippet. You could also download a free HTML editor to make it easier like the one here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.2.html Hope this helps.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @mehmet_gunay,

Gabe's pretty well hit the nail on the head here with a brilliant response. Take a look at his advice.

You can copy the file he mentions and drop it right into your theme's root directory. This way, when you make changes they'll be safe in theme and you can update the plugin without losing your changes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.