Change the message Multisite Privacy gives if access is blocked

I need to change the message the Multisite Privacy displays to non-logged-in users when they attempt to view a private blog. Just something simple with a link back to where they should have logged themselves in. Where can I add a custom message?

Thank you!

• Patrick

Hi there @Lydia

I hope you are well today!

The best and most update-proof way to make that type of modification is by creating and uploading a custom language file where you can customize any and all text strings in the plugin.

Download a copy of the excellent (and free) PoEdit software and install on your computer:

Using PoEdit, you simply open the .po or .pot file you'll find in a languages folder in the plugin. Then set your language locale and customize away! When you're done, click the big "Save"button, and PoEdit will automatically update the .po file and create the .mo file you need.

Upload both those files to your wp-content/languages/plugins folder via FTP, or use File Manager in cPanel. If the folders don't yet exist in your install, simply create them.

Finally, be sure to specify the language locale you are using in your wp-config.php file like so:
    define('WPLANG', 'en_US');