Change the page template used by course press pro?

I'm using Divi as page builder because upfront was discontinued. I've created my site with the blank page template instead of the default template because I don't like the visual look of it. But when i made some coursepress pages they use the default template instead of the blank one.

This is a coursepress page, which has a menu on the right and left:

https://t++a.nl/75-2/opleidingen/

The single unit, should have a similar look, but it looks like this:

https://++ma.nl/courses/formule-1/units/489

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Julius Huitema

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The CoursePress courses/units are post of custom post type: "course" and "unit" accordingly. When WordPress doesn't find a relevant page template for a given post type in a theme, it's fetching default one and this is what happens in this case.

The way to solve it is to create custom page templates for both "course" and "unit" post types. Following the WP template hierarchy, the files should be, accordingly, "single-course.php" and "single-unit.php".

For the start, the simplest way would be to copy existing "single.php" template from the theme to "single-course.php" and "single-unit.php", then you could make changes in it (e.g. comment out/remove sidebar fetching code, add some additional HTML to it etc).

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Julius Huitema

Thank you for your reply!

That's not exactly what I meant and I should definitely be more specific. I apologize for causing confusiong.

The template file that you'd want to copy should not come from theme in CoursePress directory but from Divi. Since you're using Divi theme you would make a copy of

/wp-content/themes/divi/page.php

to the

/wp-content/themes/divi/single-course.php

and

/wp-content/themes/divi/single-unit.php

Once you make copies, you would get exactly the same look/design initially as you had. However, you can then make changes in these copied files. For example, to remove sidebar entirely from single course view, you would want to just remove this line from "single-course.php" template

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

You can make more changes there of course, you might also want to add some additional CSS to the site afterwards to "fine tune" that customized look.

I hope that makes a bit more sense now :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam