Changed Servers *cries*

any help would be much appreciated.

I paid for my servers to go over to a new vps with cpanel installed.

2 weeks later I just gave up and thought how hard can it be.

I set up cpanel and then exported my original database and files and then uploaded them (not all the themes mind you)

now it looks like this:

http://www.shopezy.co.nz

umm yeah... also can't get into the wp-admin section.....

*crying*

do I need to delete everything reinstall wordpress and start literally all over again?

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

ok fixed the look of it, due to the wp_sitemeta being so big, all the tables below it wasn't there.

so now they are all there it looks way nicer.

but still no wp-admin

so I did the wp_sitemeta.sql in seperately

still doesn't work but at least I am 90% sure all the info is there now

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey bonmaklad,

The site isn't loading for me here, maybe I can try later.

Moving sites is tricky, am surprised that the hosting company didn't do that for you. They didn't have one move for free?

Ideally you should have updated the old site to the latest version of WordPress, then install the new version of WordPress in the new server, import the files and then the database.

Regarding the images, are you sure they are in the right folder? Can you access them via a direct link?

Can't say much without seeing the site. Can you check if it is up?

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

yeah now, I have caused some redirect loop

i'm with vps.net and they really do not want to help :stuck_out_tongue:

fixed images, it's actually the theme problem.

I think you might be right. Maybe delete everything and then install another a fresh install....
    hmm

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

If you can get into your c-panel; try redirecting your domain to another website; then terminate the redirect; or even redirect it to itself. Sounds crazy but work for me switching from one server to another, but Staff Arun Basil Lal is correct, your host provider should offer atleast one site transfer with ever package purchase or upgrade. You could also ask them to look into this for you. My host provider is really good about this type of thing. lol I had them on a support chat for over 6hrs once.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello bonmaklad,

I honestly think you should consider a new host. You are gonna need their help all along and it is going to be much worse at a later stage.

I have used over 10 hosting companies, and from that list (which includes Dream Host, Blue Host, Godaddy, Site5 and more), Host Gator is the best.

Our users also recommend linode and wp engine.

http://www.hostgator.com/
    http://www.linode.com/
    http://wpengine.com/

Try one of these. Good luck!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Arun Basil Lal I agree with you 100% on hostgator. its who i use. Top notch support. Was going to refer him to them, but didn't know Wen Dev policy on referrals.

"I have used over 10 hosting companies, and from that list (which includes Dream Host, Blue Host, Godaddy, Site5 and more), Host Gator is the best."

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

yeah but I have 3g of ram, 3gz power and 60g storage. Hostgator was very similar but without the ability to scale more efficiently :slight_frown:

but I have my baby up and running now :slight_smile:

cpanel is working so much better

loads of plugin issues to work through mind you :slight_frown:

but all the issues I wanted sorted, have worked. Like the sign up page isn't redirecting and people sign up easier.

heaven on a stick :slight_smile:

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Glad you are getting back on your feet man :slight_smile:

@MTB1701 - We don't have any policies on any matters. The point is to help each other and whatever gets that done is cool.

Feel free to refer a site or even promote yourself if you have something to offer, as long as you are not spamming around :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.