changelog?

Would you all please include changelog information in the updates? In the meantime, what was changed in the recent updated version?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Generally, when there is an update the changes are submitted by the developer and are place on the changelog page for that project.

Simply look on the plugin’s project page for the “Information” box on the right hand side. There will be an “older versions” link which will show you the previous versions of the plugin along with the changelog.

Phil

• pisanojm
    • Flash Drive

I don’t see why this is so difficult… please include the changelog in the regular WordPress changelog spot… I don’t have this installed anymore as it wasn’t doing what I wanted, but am trying to keep track of your changes to this plugin to see if I want to try it again.

If you update the changelog in the WordPress Repository with the information you are already including your own way, the problem is solved -it’s a simple thing really…. FWIW.

• dubya
    • The Incredible Code Injector

So, there is no difference between 1.1 and 1.2 worth mentioning. Since I’ve customized version 1.1, and it seems to be working without problem on my set up, there is no “point” in upgrading to the latest version. Sorry if I wasted anyone’s time with my misinterpitation. I’ll hold off for a noteworthy release.

• dubya

@phil

Ok. This has gone way beyond where I would normally move on. I'm not even the original poster, and I was in a good mood when I woke up this morning. I swear.

You are correct. The link on the right does in fact say that the latest version is 1.1

Unfortunatly, the download link for the plugin (I went to verify, as we all should do before spouting off) just displays the following message:

WPMU DEV members have full access to current and legacy downloads of all plugins and themes, please log in to view downloads or become a member today!

Strange since I am clearly logged in and can even access my profile and API keys etc by clicking my username. Anyways, that is another issue all together.

So, in my effort to verify what both you and the afore mentioned link are indicating, I checked my back-end. Sure enough, I was wrong. I do not have version 1.1 installed. It is version 1.1.2.

I was thinking that there must be something wrong with the updates notification plugin, because, as you can see in the attached screenshot, it is incorrectly indicating that I should upgrade to version 1.2 (with no changelog as there are no changes to log, right?).

So, again, I want to verify my info before spouting off, so I check the regular plugin interface within my backend. Sure enough, it also incorrectly indicates that 1.2 is available

Perhaps you could let the apropriate person know. This is definatly the cause of my (and maybe other's) confusion.

Now, just an additional observation in WPMU DEV's defence. As evidenced by the fact that there is a changelog for the minor version upgrade from version 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 of the google maps plugin… I believe @phil that there would in fact be a changelog for activity plus, if there were in fact an upgrade from version 1.1.2 to 1.2. But dispite what my backend is indicating, there is not such an upgrade availabe. Hence no changelog.

I apologise for wasting everyone's time and bandwidth. Upon hitting the submit button, I will move on.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @dubya,

I feel your stress. The original error is actually in the plugin for not providing a changelog. We’ll get that taken care of.

This plugin is a free one, so it’s actually not hosted here. It’s hosted on WordPress.org:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-activity-plus/

Which is why the version here wasn’t updated. I’m going to fix that now and add the changelog correctly on the site. I’m not sure why you’re getting that error when attempting to download though. It’s working fine for me. It’s possibly a cookie issue? Sometimes folks get logged into the forums and aren’t logged into the main site where the plugins are. Try logging in again or clearing your browser cache.

*Edit* I’d also note the 1.2 update came out 3 days ago I believe. You guys were the first to catch the error. It hasn’t happened before, and (I think) we’ll be able to avoid it in the future. We’re still working out our own internal workflow for plugins that are hosted freely on the wordpress repository which was ultimately what caused the mix up here.

Thanks!

• dubya

@masonjames

Thank you. Mistakes happen. I just wanted to 2nd another members observation. I am looking forward to reading the changelog.

Moving on…

I only get the message when clicking where it says Hi there Member, check out all available downloads for this project here » down at the bottom of the page. Clicking the big orange button at the top of the page does take me to a downloadable file, which I ass/u/me is version 1.2. I usually avoid the button as I don’t want to accidently get a “lite” version.

Thanks again.

edit: Also, the link at the bottom of the page *usually* takes me to a page that shows a list of each version along with changelog for each version. Thus I would normally go there first so I can make an educated decision.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.