Changes made in Builder are not showing up on frontend

I have made some changes to content and the navigation bar in Builder but when I view the frontend, the changes are not there. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong or if this is a weird bug. I have granted support access. Any help would be appreciated!

• Nastia

Hello Gwindylyn , hope you are doing well!

Please note, the Upfront Builder can create only Upfront themes. Once the activated theme is customized with Upfront editor, changes made with Upfront Builder will not be shown unless the theme/layout will be reset.

To reset a theme or a layout, go to Upfront > General, see the attached screenshot:

Please make sure to backup your site before the reset.

Otherwise, you can make the same changes with Upfront Editor, from Appearance > Customizer.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Gwindylyn

Thank you Nastia! I reset the home page layout and it updated the home page perfectly. Now what about the single-page-about template I made changes in Builder on? There is no option to reset that page layout and the changes I made are not showing up on the front end.

My only other question is when updating . . . if I am making all these changes with Builder, are they going to be wiped out if I update the Spirit theme? I am under the impression that using Builder is the way to prevent that from happening. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

• Sajid

Hello Gwindylyn,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Now what about the single-page-about template I made changes in Builder on?

If there is a layout created by Upfront Editor, then it would come up in "Please select a layout to reset" list.

In case it does not, then you don't need to reset. Upfront will display the changes made by Upfront Builder instead.

But if for reason, it does not display the changes, then you might need to reset the whole theme by click on RESET THEME red button. Please note that, it will delete all changes made by Upfront Editor and load the one from Upfront Builder.

if I am making all these changes with Builder, are they going to be wiped out if I update the Spirit theme?

Yes! Changes made by Upfront Builder on an existing child theme like Spirit would get wiped out when you will update that child theme since it made changes in files. During updates, WordPress will delete the existing theme files including theme folder and install again.

But I know you like the Spirit style and would want to further customize it according to your requirements. Then in this scenario, you have two options.

1. Use Upfront Editor. This will save all the changes into Database and further updates of theme would not effect these changes.

2. Duplicate the Spirit theme and rename rename to uf-spirit-custom (or something of your choice). Now feel free to edit this theme details like Name, Screenshot from Upfront -> Builder. Now feel free to make changes via Builder without fear of these changes being lost on update.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance!

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.