ChangeYour Theme Completely. Wordpress default dashboard.

I am using a Divi child theme. I have installed a few different themes. When I go into the default WordPress dashboard and click on the 'change theme completely' and choose my chosen theme in the preview mode, I get to see the title, top navigation and then the Homepage is showing as a coded language. It doesn't seem to matter which theme I preview, the home page is always showing as a code.
I have created a test site as a user would do and the same shows in a test site too. Not good for a potential user.
Can anyone help out on this frustrating matter please?

Wishing you all a happy and successful 2016

Peter

• Sajid

Hi @peter,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access but I could not reproduce this issue on your site. I can not see the "change theme completely" button anywhere in dashboard. Can you please share the screenshots of your site explaining the issue.

On your home page, I can see a coming soon page only with count down and optin form.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Dwayne

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to clear this up for anyone else that comes across this post.

Divi like many other custom builders does a wonderful job at building you a great looking website with the littlest of effort. The problem is that it does not use the normal standard a Wordpress theme would use and as a result when you attempt to change theme you often get left with code.

Now the code can be used, but you just need to know whats junk and whats reusable. You would then enter the copied text under the 'Text' tab rather than the 'Visual' tab.

Sorry I couldn't be more descriptive, but I'm in a rush. If you don't have a clue try watching some video, asking for help or get professional help.

Kind Regards,
    Dwayne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.