Changin the information displayed on the events listing page

I have noticed that every event listing starts off this way:

[Title]

View event On [Lists Dates & Times] [Begins Description]
[Date listing was created]

So, all listings looks the same (with some different info - http://reptile411.com/events/trade-shows-expos/ - for example)

War Memorial Auditorium

View event On September 9, 2012 from 10:00 am to September 8, 2012 5:00 pm and On September 8, 2012 from 10:00 am to September 9, 2012 4:00 pm Reptile & Exotic Animal Expo War[...]
07 Jul 2012

I would like to display it differently, if possible:

[Event title]

[Event description]...

[Next Date & Time]

This way the listings show a little more information, and would be easier to read.

Thanks for the advice!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there!

In /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/default you will find templates for events.

You can drop one of these in your theme and customize away :slight_smile: You'll probably have to tweak some css, but that is where you will find the layout.

Best,

Kimberly

• koskow
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Are there a list of calls I can put into the code to display the different data? Do I have to root around the dB to figure out what I should be putting in? It is confusing for a basic html/css guy like me. I can make some small modifications. Will I need to find a developer to change this?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

The code is already in the template.

I think you can just order it differently if that is what you are looking for.

If there is a piece on another page that you want in that particular page you can check out the template, steal the php and stick it in the page template you want. Really just a copy/paste operation.

Everything is already there in the templates, you just need to arrange them like you want.

Think of the Templates as Blocks that build a certain page structure. If you want to change up the page structure of the template just move the block, or copy one from another page structure. make sense?

I could help with specifics if you thinks it's beyond your depth, I don't mind trying my hand :slight_smile:

Lemme know!

• koskow
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

At this point I think that the plugin is a little too buggy... the issue with the dates changing when I update the page in admin is an issue. Someone else is currently looking at it, It is too bad :slight_frown: I have found another plugin that is a bit more stable, and I am working on getting that filled in with all the events. Many more wonderful plugins here for my network, so I'm sure you'll see me back soon with more questions! Thanks again for all the help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.