Changing a blog so that the entire article shows up on the blog page

Hello,

My client would like to make his blog page so that the whole blog shows up and that a user does not have to click the read more link to go to the actual post.

What do I need to do to accomplish this?

http://jasonweisenthal.com/blog/

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @steve_tullius,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

In this case generally you have to only change the_excerpt() function to the_content() function but where it should be changed depends on how you have developed the theme using what templates.

Can you please send me your theme so that i can tell you exactly where to change it?

- Send an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown
    - On the subject enter "Attn: Vinod Dalvi".
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include a link to your website and the theme

Or would you mind if I logged in to your site to check it? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @steve_tullius,

Thank you for granting me support access.

You can do so by copy pasting page-blog.php file from parent them in to " Flati The Flat Bootstrap Wordpress Theme Child" child theme folder and removing and adding following code in it.

Search for following code in the file which you will find in two places, just remove / comment it.

<?php if($post->post_excerpt){ the_excerpt(); } ?>

Add following code in place of it.

<?php the_content(); ?>

If above code doesn't work then use the following code.

echo apply_filters('the_content', $post->post_content);

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.