changing a domain with snapshots

I wanted to know if there was a way that I could use snaspshtos to move to a different host and at the new host use a different domain name, thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jonathan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Our Snapshot Pro plugin should handle such scenario for you "out of the box". The basic procedure is as follows:

1. Install Snapshot Pro on "site to be moved" (your current site)
    2. Create a full snapshot (backup)
    3. Download snapshot archive file (zip)
    4. Setup a fresh (completely clean - no additional plugins and themes etc) WP install on your new server under your other domain; make sure that this site is running fine under that "target" domain before proceeding to next steps!
    5. Install Snapshot Pro on "target site"
    6. Upload snapshot archive file to that site's "/wp-content/uploads/snapshots" folder (via FTP or cPanel's File Manager)
    7. Go to "Snapshots -> Import" page on that new site
    8. Hit "Scan / Import Snapshots" button; do not put anything into the "URL or local path to Snapshot Archive" filed

Snapshot should now scan the "/wp-content/uploads/snapshots" folder for existing archives and find the one you uploaded. It will print out the message after the scan and import is complete, then...

9. Go to "Snapshots -> All Snapshots"
    10. Hit "Restore" link below the snapshot name

After a while you snapshot should be fully restored to the new site and be running under a new domain.

For additional information on this, please take a look at this article on our blog:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.