Changing a ProSite user access level to permanent

Hello,

I recently had some issues with PayPal disabling my users accounts because they were unable to get the monthly payment for some reason (their error). In order to get the sites live again I had to give the user permanent access level in Pro Sites.

My question is, by doing this will they still be billed according to the subscription they selected when they signed up, or is their website now free?

Thanks

Chris

• Christopher

If I were to "Remove Pro status" and click "Modify", then extend the duration to the day that their next payment is due, will that work to get them back on a payment schedule without their Pro Site status expiring?

I just want to be sure that I am receiving their monthly payments, and not have their sites expire. I would also like if they did not receive emails that their status has expired (they get upset)

Thanks,
    Chris

• Patrick

@crazybodyfitness

I would also like if they did not receive emails that their status has expired (they get upset)

Lol, so would I :slight_smile:

Yes, if you extend them to the next due date, their subscription should continue as you have defined it.

But that would really depend on what happened on PayPal's end. If they had erred by cancelling subscriptions outright, then that adjustment in Pro Sites may not be enough.

I would suggest confirming the active status of those subscriptions with PayPal support after you make the adjustments. If they confirm that the subs are not active despite the adjustment you make, then I think it would be good to forewarn the affected site admins of the possibility of having to re-subscribe when their current term expires... and don't worry, you can blame it on PayPal :slight_smile:

• Christopher

Thanks Patrick,

The issue with PayPal was the PayPal IPN was not complete. So, they never sent notification to Pro Sites that payment had been recieved.

In order for me to remove the "permanent" status and extend it to a a set period of days. I have to Remove Pro status first, correct?

I will then extend their Pro Status until the day that there next payment would have been due, and see if that works. I'm hoping that since it's the same day that there will be a seamless transition, and their site will remain up.

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

• Patrick

@crazybodyfitness

In order for me to remove the "permanent" status and extend it to a a set period of days. I have to Remove Pro status first, correct?

Yes. But just remember, as the subscription hadn't been correctly created at PayPal in the first place, they will likely need to re-subscribe at the end of their current subscription term.

As long as both you and they are aware of that possibility, the transition should be relatively painless. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.