changing background color

Can someone walk me through how to change the background color (or insert an image as background) of the main content area? (Not the overall background)

I have a rudimentary, piecemeal grasp of html & css but (hopefully) understand enough to follow if you can walk me through it.

Thanks!

• DavidM

Hi Liss,

The theme doesn't provide an option in the back-end interface for that. I looked more into it though and it actually seems to be a bit more than what I'd initially thought in speaking with you on this via email, though it can all be done with some css styling.

Basically, the background is composed of quite a number of different sections.

You might be able to get away with using the following:
    #container { background-color: #000; }

You can add that to the bottom of the theme's stylesheet at Appearance > Editor. And of course, you can use any color code in place of the #000.

Although the optimal way to handle such editing is by using the child theme included in the themes /themes/studio-child/ folder, and make the edits to that child theme's stylesheet.

You can find out more about the parent/child theme model here in the online manuals:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/the-buddypress-manual/what-are-parent-and-child-themes/

Though I should mention, if this sounds a bit much, it may be something you'll want to seek out a developer's assistance with, which you can do through the job board.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Hope this helps!

-David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.