Changing Blog Featured Image Sizes Post-Theme Change

Hello - we are using the Photolio theme on http://www.e3ngage.com. Our old theme used to require featured images for blog posts to have 600x600px dimensions to display properly. This new theme has 542 x 250px as its featured image. Is there a proper way to resize the featured image dimensions so that the new theme now uses 600x600px? The idea of going through all those old blog posts and changing the image size is daunting. Please advise how best to proceed.

Best,

AD

• Adrian
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey thanks so much - so is there somewhere I first change the value of the new featured image to be 600px x 600px? Instead of the current 542 x 250? My goal here is not to change the source image dimensions, but instead, change the size of the featured image area on the blog page

• József Koller
    • New Recruit

Hi @Adrian,

I hope you are well today.

Photolio uses a non-Wordpress way to get featured images for your blog posts therefore regenerating thumbnails won't help in this case. It's using Timthumb instead which is a independent thumbnail generator library.

My suggestion: Please try to check the theme settings, see if there is anything related.

If you can not find relevant settings it's probably inside one of the theme files. I'm happy to help you if you attach the files to your next reply. (However if you want to update your theme in the future, it will require to re-edit the affected files.)

Kind regards,
    József

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.