Changing Contact Form Content and Labels

Hi there,

I have 2 questions regarding contact forms-
1. How do I change the label on one of the boxes - for example if I wanted to change the label 'Name' to something else like 'First Name' how would I do it?
2. How do I completely remove a section (for example the message section)? I have managed to successfully hide the section using the code below, however I get an error message when you trying to 'send' the form as the system is still trying to validate the entry and says there is no 'message' - but I don't want the user to have to enter a message.

.upfront-field-container.upfront-field-message-container.ucontact-label-over{
display: none !important;
}

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Pam

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just checked in my test site and I found no way to edit label in input fields and make the text-box not required. So I'm flagging our developer as he can give you best idea on this.

However, as a workaround, you can use other contact form plugins that support shortcode or widget. For example, you can use "Contact Form 7". With this, you can create a contact form as you want, then copy the shortcode for that form. Then in Upfront editor, add a "widget" element in Contact page and select "Text Widget" and paste the shortcode you copied. It will show your custom contact form there.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Robert
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I actually found a way to change fields labels.
    Click on "Name" until you get changed view of name label. In my case the label become smaller and moved to left upper corner of label field. Then I changed the label and saved the theme. And it was done.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.