Changing default blog decription / site tagline

I am using Pro Site and somewhere along the way in setting things up I had changed the default tagline that’s generated when someone signs up for a new site. I would like to make a change to that default tagline & cannot remember where I was able to do that. Could you please point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

• Nithin

Hi Debbie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If I'm not mistaken, there isn't any option for taglines in Pro sites when a user signs up. The user has an option to enter the tagline, when creating a new subsite. Did you mean the entered tagline is missing, when a new subsite is created?

Could you please try switching to a default WordPress theme, and check whether it makes any difference. Please advise, if I'm missing out anything.

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Debbie

Hi Nithin,

What I tried to explain is that at some point I was able to change the default WordPress blog description (just another WordPress blog) to "Just another Webb Weavers Websites site"
    You can see this on this site http://webbweavers.website/joesplumbing/

I added the Set Blog Description plugin so users could add their own tagline when they sign up. But I was able to change the default site description at some point when I was getting the multisite set up, then getting it set up with Pro Sites, I just can't remember where.

• Nithin

Hi Debbie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could see that the tagline added through the Set Blog Description plugin seems to work, if you are looking to edit these in the multisite, please go to your network admin. Under Sites menu, click the edit link, and then go to the Settings tab, and edit the descriptions.

You can edit each subsites by going to your network admin. I hope this helps. Please advise if I have missed out anything.

Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Debbie

Hi again Nithin :slight_smile:

Thank you, I do understand where I can change the tagline of sites after they've been created.

What I want to do is change the default tagline that is created when someone sets up their site and doesn't put anything in the site tagline field at registration.
    At some point in my setting up this multisite project I had changed the WordPress default tagline of "just another WordPress blog" to "Just another Webb Weavers Websites site". This tagline "Just another Webb Weavers Websites site" is what will be on new sites if the user didn't put anything in the tagline field with they register the site. I'm wanting to make another change to that default tagline so it's something other than "Just another Webb Weavers Websites site" when new users leave the tagline field blank on signup.

This is a minor thing next to the registration error that's happening. And I may need to go through the process of a new multisite installation in order to find how I changed the default tagline since I cannot remember where I did that. That said, it would be so great if you know where I can make a change the default tagline :wink:

Thanks again!
    Debbie

• Rupok

Hi Debbie, hope you had a wonderful day.

I could not find option to change default Blog Description on your site, but you can easily do that by creating a MU Plugin. For creating a mu plugin, create a folder named "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" folder. Then inside that "mu-plugins" folder, create a file with any name and with a .php extension. Now paste the code inside that file and save.

<?php
    function set_default_tagline($blog_id){
    	switch_to_blog($blog_id);
    	update_option( 'blogdescription', 'Your Desired Default Description' );
    	restore_current_blog();
    }
    add_action('wpmu_new_blog', 'set_default_tagline' );
    ?>

For getting more idea on mu plugins, you can go through this article: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.