Changing DNS records to receive e-Mails again?

I noticed a few days ago that I stopped receiving ANY and all e-Mails from my Wordpress site including contact messages (that go through a plugin) or new user subscriptions that go directly through Wordpress as well as ANY other e-Mails or notifications, not receiving a single thing.

Does anyone have any ideas what may have caused it and even more importantly, how I can fix it??
It is very important to me that I receive all contact messages, comment and new user notifications immediately into my e-Mail inbox.
I made sure that all my e-Mail address everywhere are correct and I even changed it to my you@yourdomain.com e-Mail in case it had been going to spam, but it still doesn't work.
There is not change or event on my end that I can tie to the day it stopped working. =/

I tried to run it through STMP - I configured it Monday morning and tried to test it a few times and it didn't work. The next morning it started working, all e-Mails and notifications worked (except for my security backup and new user registration e-Mails). I tried to send another test e-Mail through STMP and all of the sudden everything stopped working again.

I checked my error logs and the only two things I see that may be related are:
[Thu Jan 03 11:53:19 2013] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: job_run.php
[Thu Jan 03 12:44:51 2013] [error] [client xxx] request failed: error reading the headers

But I don't really want to turn on debugging on my live site that gets so many visitors a day, because I am afraid of breaking something and then it would take me a while and a lot of stress to get it back live up and running. So I would like to try to resolve this without turning on debugging.
FYI, my hosting is GoDaddy. I know, I have heard a lot of bad things about GoDaddy and I will consider switching in the future, but I currently do not have the time to do that, so I would like to try to get it fixed for now.

There is one thing I haven't tried yet and that is changing any of my DNS settings?! I wasn't sure if I should add or change any of them to relay-hosting.secureserver.net or if the setting in the STMP plugin would make changing the DNS manually unnecessary.

Please please please help if you know anything I can do to find out what causes the issue and how I may be able to fix it.

• aecnu

Greetings Nicole,

Sorry to see that you are having these issues with your WordPress installation and though I have not dug into your DNS, changing it may indeed make things worse since you made no prior changes to DNS between emails working and not working?

It is very possible that the host (Go Daddy) has indeed blocked the emails or having an smtp server issue themselves since they use separate servers for each item including the databases which makes it much more difficult to troubleshoot.

Have you made any DNS changes recently?

Do you really want to possibly move your hosting in spite of not having time to get the job done?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• NicoleElmore

Hi Joe,

No I have not made ANY DNS changes at all and won't do that. You are right, it started momentarily working a few days ago without me making any changes whatsoever, so I will not change anything in my DNS settings.

If these issues continue I am planning on moving my host the end of this summer, once I have the time to do it, and do it right.

The reason I doubt that the host has blocked my emails is that I have tried setting the stmp up with hotmail, gmail, and other free e-Mails as well, and those do not work either. I have a feeling that it is either the host's settings that are causing the issue, but then wouldn;t their be a lot more people having this issue currently (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Or somewhere I have something configured incorrectly. Maybe one of my php files in my ftp has the wrong permission settings or something is conflicting?
    But then I don't know why it started working all of the sudden a few days ago at a time when I wasn't even making any changes nor was at home.

It is so frustrating :slight_frown:

• aecnu

Greetings Nicole,

Thank you for letting us know and indeed I feel your pain and as I suspected and you have indicated in a different post it was indeed Go Daddy all along and it is horrible the lack of a time frame they would not give you for resolution of this issue.

If there was truly anything more that I could do it would have been done yesterday I can assure you.

Hopefully they will get it together sooner then later, but being a professional Global Network Administrator it burns me to see people treated this way and then when they finally acknowledge it is on their end they give an open ended answer to when it will be fixed.

I hope it is fixed sooner then later for you.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.