Changing Domain but keep Multisite settings etc

Hey Guys

I am not 100 percent familiar with this snapshot plugin but wondering if it would do the trick for something im trying to accomplish

I have a WordPress Multisite installation set up exactly the way I want with files, plugins, and pages etc. However, while doing all this I realized that the domain name wasn’t the right choice for this project as it has evolved

Is Snapshot a plugin that I can use to copy everything from a WordPress Multisite installation and install on a new domain? If not, do you know an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks so much

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mike!

Thank you for the great questions.

Is Snapshot a plugin that I can use to copy everything from a WordPress Multisite installation and install on a new domain?

No it is not- it is primarily a database backup plugin.

If not, do you know an easy way to accomplish this?

Oh my, easy is subjective of course. However, I would use the NS Cloner – Site Copier plugin.

That should do the job for you assuming we are talking about a MultiSite.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Joe

Thanks I am confused though. The plugin you showed me is identical to “Easy Blog Templates” and doesn’t appear to serve the purpose I am wanting. I am wanting to completely transfer my entire multisite network (all sites and settings) to an entirely new domain name on my dedicated server.

If I am wrong, please correct me :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.