Changing frontpage elements

Hi All

Want to make a few changes to my theme, but do not know where to look:

By default a search bar loads on the frontpage, how do I remove that?
There also loads a RSS feed button and a calender, I would like to change these as well or just remove them. Where are these files located?

Is this theme widget enables? I seem to be having trouble loading widget content on the frontpage and on single pages and posts, am I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place maybe?

And lastly, the green button on the fronpage, it reads rather difficult, how do I make this bigger, change color and the font color as well?

Thanks for an awesome community!

• Philip John

Hi TribeCentric!

You can modify as much or as little of our themes as you like! Here's how to adjust the bits you ask about...

By default a search bar loads on the frontpage, how do I remove that?

You can remove that on line 7 of home.php

There also loads a RSS feed button and a calender, I would like to change these as well or just remove them. Where are these files located?

These are not added by the theme but are part of the sidebar. You should check the four available sidebars by going to Appearances > Widgets in your WordPress dashboard.

Is this theme widget enables? I seem to be having trouble loading widget content on the frontpage and on single pages and posts, am I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place maybe?

Yep Again, check out the four different sidebars available by going to Appearance > Widgets in your Dashboard.

And lastly, the green button on the fronpage, it reads rather difficult, how do I make this bigger, change color and the font color as well?

Check out Appearance > Custom Styling in the Dashboard for options to adjust the colours used by the theme

Hope that helps!

Phil