Changing gateway/pricing

Two questions:

1. If I change my Pro Sites payment gateway, what happens to all the users that are using the current gateway?

2. If I change the price of a Pro Sites level, what happens to all the users at that level? Do they continue to pay the original price, or pay the new price?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I have no idea what would happen in this event and you did not mention what switch you intended to make. i.e. from PayPal express to stripe or manual.

I think that if you switch the gateways mid stream that it will only affect newly created accounts and the older accounts will remain as they are.

However, since I certainly do not know because I have never tried it myself nor know anyone whom did, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron

1. If I change my Pro Sites payment gateway, what happens to all the users that are using the current gateway?

Nothing, but it will cause problems as the old gateway will still make scheduled payments future payments, but Pro sites will not be listening to them to extend those blogs. So at the moment switching is a big undertaking as you'll need to manually cancel any existing subscriptions. Then when their paid for time is up they'll be directed to checkout with the new gateway.

2. If I change the price of a Pro Sites level, what happens to all the users at that level? Do they continue to pay the original price, or pay the new price?

Nothing, future payments will stay at the rate it was when they signed up, unless they change their level/payment method which would recreate the sub at the new prices.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.