Changing head size and latest news

How can I make the head space smaller?

This is not one of the options available in this theme, however, there are several ways this could be done - depending on how you want it smaller. If you want to simply bring the bottom line up I'd recommend adding a height property to the #header-wrapper (140px would be default, so just choose a lower value til you find what you're looking for).

how can I show at the home page more than 3 latest news

Open up home.php in your theme's root directory. On line 56 you should see a portion that says'&showposts=3'. Change the 3 to a 6 and save.

---
I solved the 3 to 6 latest news, but it should be 2 lines with 3 posts but instead I get 1 lines with 3 posts, other with 2 and the last with 1 :slight_frown:
also when I change in the theme options a sidebar and 2 latest posts showing (I change it to 6), then I have the widgets shown at the bottom, beside the last 2 posts.
any idea?
---
sorry I didn't understood, the change of the header size.. I entered in the header.php, then I found this code...

<body <?php body_class() ?>>
<?php do_action( 'bp_before_header' ) ?>
<div id="header-wrapper">
<div id="header">
<div id="search-box">

what should I add to it?
// adding a height property to the #header-wrapper
is this line the header-wrapper?.. I dont know how to add a height property.. sorry

sorry and thanks a lot for the help.