Changing individual member's expirations

I have heard about using myadminphp for changing exp dates of manually added members; however, I stumbled across this process this afternoon and wanted to get feedback on whether or not this would be an alternative and much faster workaround.

1) Under the subscription “X”, the mode is set to “finite”

2) Under the Period it is set to 1 month and saved.

3) In the “All Members” select the individual members that have a month left on their annual membership before renewal. Choose “Subscription Move” and move them from “X” to “X”

4) For two month remaining members, set the Period to 2 months and again select those members with two months left and Move their subscription “X” to “X”

5) Repeat for each month – then leave at a 1 year subscription for all new renewals.

Will this cause problems? It seems infinitely faster and less dangerous than poking around in wp tables.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @kipp,

Thanks for the feedback, I can honestly say, I have never looked at trying to do it that way. The logic seems sound tho. It might be best to test this though on a test user account first, and see if everything goes smoothly or not when it comes to the expiry date & renewal.

It could possibly work, I see no reason that it shouldn’t. However, let me just ask one of my colleague @jack Kitterhing for some of his expertise too.

Hope this helps

• Kipp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks @vaughan – I’d be interested to hear what your colleague has to say. I tried it on some accounts that are “life time” and it seems to work, but haven’t tested the renewal/notification (obviously since their subscriptions are 70 years long). In addition to Jack’s feedback, I’ll try to set up a single day subscription and see what happens.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kipp,

Hope you’re well today! :slight_smile:

Nice idea! I’ve done some testing and this worked perfectly for me, As the plugin doesn’t rely on the gateway for a IPN response, it takes the expiry date and everything else into account correctly and works perfectly for me.

How it’s working out in your testing?

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.