Changing initial page design into the home page

This is my first time using Upfront and I need some help figuring out how to make the initial page that I designed into my site's Home page. I am using the Fixer theme.

I've watched all the videos, gone through all the lessons & read the forums and haven't seen this specific issue addressed. I am sure it is something simple, but please help! Thanks.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

HiKim,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, it is simple! You just need to set that page as static front page. To set this page as home page go to Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays, check A static page (select below) and then select the page from Front page: dropdown.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Kim
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

One more piece of info that may make a difference - I have this on a development site, it does not currently live on its own domain yet. Does that make a difference in how the home page is structured? Thanks, appreciate any help and suggestions.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Kim,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If you can find that page in Admin -> Pages section than it should be in the dropdown too in Settings -> Reading.

The pages must be in its own site/domain to be listed. The subdomain is a different standalone WordPress site that has nothing to do with your main site :slight_smile:

Please create that page on the same where you want it to set as home page and then follow these steps:

To set this page as home page go to Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays, check A static page (select below) and then select the page from Front page: dropdown.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.