Changing language in appointment +

Hey, I’m form Sweden and I am using the appointment + plugin. Though, I’d like to translate some of the options in swedish, such as the mo, tu, we, th, fri (days shown at the top in the schedule) Aswell as changing the available hours in to another tima format the 24h one. So 5pm becomes 17.00 instead? How do I accomplish this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andresand,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great questions and it is indeed my practice to deal wiith items one at a time.

Aswell as changing the available hours in to another tima format the 24h one. So 5pm becomes 17.00 instead?

Do you have the time settings set in your WordPress installation to follow the 24 hour time system? i.e. admin dashboard –> Settings –> General –> Time Format?

For translation the general answer is here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

Here’s what I do when translating a plugin called myplugin:

I use PoEdit. Make sure to go into File->Settings->Edit and check “Generate .mo file on save”.

In the myplugin folder there’s a mypluginlanguages subfolder. There you’ll find the myplugin.po file that aecnu referred to.

In PoEdit load the .po file.

Save with the proper name for the language you need, ie. myplugin-it_IT.po

Now translate each string in the catalogue.

Save.

You will now have the two files myplugin-it_IT.po and myplugin-it_IT.mo.

FTP the files into the subfolder mypluginlanguages on the server.

Assuming your site language is set to Italian the plugin strings should now appear in Italian.

In this case the starting language file (pot) is in the appointmentslanguages folder.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andresand,

Thank you for pointing this out which is certainly appreciated.

I believe the coding you are looking for is located in the appointments.php file around line 2995 (previous) and line 2600 (next).

Let me know if that does the job for you.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.