Changing menues for different members

Hi,

I am experiencing troubles with Membership 2 Pro. I would like to use the "Change menu" function but I need to switch the main menu in to multiple different once.

Here is an example:

Menu A = Public navigation on the website
Menu B = Is shown instead of Menu A to only select Membership type
Menu C = Is shown instead of Menu A to only select Membership type

So far I can only assign one (1) menu to for a select membership. Once that is assigned I have no option to make the second condition.

In addition Membership 2 Pro stops other plugins like WP Conditional Menus from working.

A chaining logic where the menus cut out each other until last condition of membership is met does work but is no option since there is going to be a certain fluctuation of memberships since they will be grouping client access.

I really need to assign multiple switch options to the main menu depending on the membership. Anything else is not an option.

I would like to know how to solve this since I really like to use your plugin alone for this job.

Thanks.

• Patrick

Hi there @Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH

I hope you're well today!

If you want to have different menus for each membership, then you'll want to protect individual menu items rather than replace menu locations... and you don't even need the addon for that, as this is the default behavior for menu protection.

Under Membership2 > Protection Rules > Menu Items, select the menu whose items you want to protect. Then assign each item to the memberships you want to have access.

You can do the same thing for every menu on your site. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Sajid

Hi @Ingenieurbüro Dr. Plesnik GmbH

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can protect menu items with existing menu items option of Membership 2.

But I can not have items visible to non members that are invisible to logged in members.

You can not make menu items invisible for logged in members and make them visible for visitors. In revese you can protect/hide menu items from not logged in users by assigning them in a membership.

If you want to replace content of menus then you have to use Add-on and select Replace Individual Menus from Details. This will replace entire menu according to the condition.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.