Changing multi-page posts to single-page posts

I create posts by uploading .pdf files as embedded images (the files were originally created as Microsoft Word texts and then converted to .pdf format. At the time I knew Word and didn't know HTML). What I end up with, if the texts are long, are multi-page posts that are awkward for navigating from page to page. I would like to have all the posts on a single page which can be simply scrolled. I think that Pages in WP can be of arbitrary length. Is there a way of converting a multiple-page post to a single scrollable post?

• Rupok

Hi Robert,

I think it's possible but the way to convert them to single page will depend on how they are set up now. Did you create posts for each of your PDF pages or did you embed that PDF in your post and in the PDF frame, your users have to click next icon to see pages in that PDF? If embedded the full PDF file in single post, can you please provide the link of a page where we can see your PDF posts? In that case, you will have to copy content from your PDF pages and then paste inside your post content area.

If you created posts for each pages inside your PDF, then I'm afraid, you will have to create a new post and then copy content from those previous posts and paste in your newly created post.

Or if you created your post with pagination, then can you please go to "Text" mode in your post editor and look for this code inside your content?
    <?!--nextpage-->
    Remove this piece of code and that will remove post pagination and will show full content in single page.

Can you please send us a bit more details of your current setup with link where we can see your current posts live? We can give you better solution if we are clear about your setup.

Please send us as much details as you can. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Robert,

I just found that you have embedded PDF files in your posts. To make all content appear in a single page, I'll suggest you to copy your content from the PDF and then paste inside the post content area inside your post editor window. In this way, you can show full content in a single page.

If you are looking for an automatic way to do this, I just searched for you and I'm afraid, I could not find any plugin for this job and you might have to do this manually.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Robert

Hello Rupok and/or the WPMU DEV support team,

Thank you for your prompt responses to my query on this ticket.

I want to put my website online almost immediately, and think I'd better go with what I have rather than making changes at this point. It seems to me that going from one "post page"to the next is feasible but awkward at present, and I may want to make the changes you suggest at a later date, but perhaps it would be better to start all over and enter my poems as HTML texts. I think, though, I will open a new ticket to see if I can get some help with making the process of navigating through the pagination of long posts a little less awkward. I think this ticket can be considered as resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.