Changing PayPal Accounts without having to stop membership subscriptions

Hi,

I need to change my PayPal account. I currently have it set up under one and need to set it up under a completely different PayPal account. The problem I am facing is will my current members lose their membership under my old paypal account and have to resubscribe under my new one?

This is a need as I am working with a partner and she has decided to become a stay at home mom (an honorable thing). However, all the PayPal account information is in her name and for business purposes I need to change it over so everything is under mine name and going directly to me.

Is there a way to roll over these memberships without disrupting the subscriptions?

• Ivan

Hey there Martiel,

Hope you are well and thanks for the question!

I am afraid there is no way to do it without cancel their current subscription.

If they are using recurring payments, you may want to cancel their current subscriptions and send them a kind letter informing them of the change on your site and urging them to re-subscribe next month using the new payment method.

I know this might not be very convenient, but there is no other way because of the way PayPal works.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.